SC - FW: Anniversary banquet

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 24 10:00:06 PDT 2000

This looks pretty yummy.  Home smoking, O I may have to come visiting for
Anniversary, when is it?

Good use of fish!  I get so frustrated with the "SCA people won't eat fish"
attitude, despite evidence to the contrary.  We used to refer to pickled
herrings as "earl yummies."  If Eadward behaved very well, he got a yummie.

Which fruits and veggies is he using?  Just wondering.

Where are you getting your venison?  I've got a couple of butchers up here that
carry NZ farmed venison if you need it, just in case the scare-meisters are
correct and you mayn't use properly hunted game.  It's not cheap, particularly
the nice roasts, but it's good.  Pre-chunked stew meat is a bit more thrifty.  I
do a 'bambi bourgonion' with venison, cheap red wine and a torn-up loaf of rye
bread to thicken, then stew it for about 5 hours.  OK, it was one of those
last-minute situations where some ingredients didn't get to the remote site and
we couldn't go out for more, so we improvised.  Necessity is a Mother!

Selene