SC - Going to NY

Wed Oct 25 06:56:07 PDT 2000

IIRC, the buildings at San Simeon were built locally with steel reinforced
frames.  The architect was Julia Morgan.  It is the interiors of the
building which were gathered from all over Europe.  I'd call the style
"European eclectic."  Where he didn't have enough of the original furniture,
decorations or whatever from Europe, Hearst would call on local craftsmen to
make duplicates of the original.

Bear

 It consists of several medieval