SC - oop - healthfulness of black pepper - a query

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Wed Oct 25 11:15:32 PDT 2000

> "I use white or cayenne, black pepper is not as healthy"
> I have never heard this one  before (I seem to be on a faddish List or 2 -
> the recipes are good, so I stay,  but shake my head a lot!) and I wonder if
> people here would care to comment on the healthfulness or otherwise of black
> pepper?

White pepper is black pepper with the skins off! So I'm not sure what the
difference could be. I know of someone who said that she cooked for
someone who wasn't allowed black pepper and had been using white pepper,
and was startled to learn in my class that they were the same berries.
I told her to check with the medicial advisors of the person she cooked
for. (I'm not sure what the problem was with the pepper?)

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker