SC - venison at feasts

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Oct 25 23:20:17 PDT 2000

Brangwayna Morgan commented:
> The only rule I know of is that you can't usually buy venison; you have to
> have friends who are lucky hunters :-)

And this is something you may need to plan a backup for. At one of
our baronial feasts it was planned to have roast venison. Since the
hunters were not as skillful/lucky as they said they would be, the
amount of venison was quite a lot less than expected and we ended up
with venison stew instead. It's not like you can just make an
emergency run to the local grocery for more.

For some more info on venison and recipes and cooking suggestions
check this file in the FOOD section of my files:
venison-msg       (45K)  7/26/00    Medieval and modern recipes for venison.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net