SC - tax deductions

Gaylin J. Walli gwalli at ptc.com
Thu Oct 26 06:37:42 PDT 2000

Kiri wrote:

>I don't charge for gas and tolls, even though I have to drive at
>least 35 miles
>to get to where I purchase most of the supplies for my feasts.  What I do
>instead is to deduct them from my income tax as a contribution to a non-profit
>organization...including mileage from my home to the site!

Which leads me to ask, of course, which form it is that the Exchequer
helps you fill out to make this all nice and cozy and legal and such. I
know there's a form. I've seen the top half of it. The form may actually
not be consistent from Kingdom to Kingdom, though. It's the one office
I've never held.

Now here's one for you...if you kill a few deer, say during your great
hunting trip and decide that you can't eat it all by yourself because
it's just you and your spouse in your house, can you donate the meat
to the local SCA group and get a tax deduction based on the market
price of the venison per pound you donated?

Just curious. I don't know squat about tax laws. :)

Iasmin de Cordoba, gwalli at ptc.com or iasmin at home.com