SC - Pumpkins and such...

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Thu Oct 26 07:43:23 PDT 2000

> I asked:
> > << what is the "long huge squash with a small bulbous end and a
> >  very fat long neck that ways up to 1o (is that 1 or 10?) lb" called in
> the
> >  grocery store's produce department?  >>
> and Etian kindly replied:
> > a butternut squash
> really?  and that turns out more orange than a "pumpkin"?  interesting!
> I'll have to try that!

Be careful. What you described is called a 'long necked pumpkin' in my
area, not a 'butternut squash'. Butternut squash are yellower, smaller,
and straight in the neck.
(http://www.vegweb.com/glossary/docs/butternut-squash.shtml) So it depends
on the region what it's called.
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker