Wiccan Cookbook Reviewed (was Re: SC - I am So Ashamed! (long))

Catherine Deville catdeville at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 26 12:28:05 PDT 2000

> > the bit about political suicide by stating your wiccan...
>
> Sorry, but poppycock.  Maybe some of it depends on where you are and
who's
> running your kingdom, but don't blame lack of promotion on religion
alone.

o.k., folks... please keep things in *context*... what I said (and I
emphasized it) is that there is a *perception* in some *areas* and that we
should be careful, if we are going to write (as people were proposing to
do) to a *paper* or an *editor* in criticism of a Wiccan cookbook, that we
should be sure not to *miscommunicate* what we were saying (that we don't
like the way that medieval food is inaccurately portrayed) in such a manner
as to be spun so as to increase that *perception*.

the original thread (which, if was on topic because it was concerning a
review of a cookbook and the review made many statements about medieval
cooking) spun of several responses which were not *clear* in their
indication of what they disaproved of about the book, one of which used a
possibly inflammatory term (IIRC it was "more Wiccan dreck").  I was simply
trying to illustrate why it is important not to promote such ideas, not to
indicate that they were true (in fact I've stated repeatedly that I have no
person indication that they *are* true.)

I hope that this clarification helps and puts things back into context.

I remain, in service to Meridies,
Lady Celia des L'archier