SC - I am So Ashamed! (long)

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Thu Oct 26 18:25:33 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/26/00 1:42:41 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
olwentheodd at hotmail.com writes:

> Anybody know how far back slingshots go?  I thought that went back to BC.
>  So why didn't they use those??  A lot easier than climbing a building.
>  Olwen
Well, according to the Baron, they were looking for masses of them at once,
say 20 or 30 birds, and used weighted nets to get whole groups that could be
killed and cooked for presentation to the table. I would suspect that taking
down one at a time would be awful time consuming, not to mention throw off
the cooking time if they brought in birds at different times for dressing and
cooking.

Lars