SC - oven thermometers

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Oct 27 00:47:02 PDT 2000

> Stefan,
>
> There are industrial oven thermometers that can stay in the overn
> indefinitely.  I have two that I carry with me to events.
>
> LLEW

Well yes, I imagine I can find "industrial" oven thermometers that I
can leave in the oven indefinitely. I imagine I can find "industrial"
oven thermometers I could leave near or in molten iron. :-) But yes,
I get the point.

For some uses, it would be nice to have one of the industrial infa-red
thermometers. Just point the gadget at the food and get an instant
reading of the outside temperature of the food. On a smaller scale
they now make them to read the inner ear temperature of fidgety kids.
I've seen these for a fifth or less of the cost they came out at.
Around $35 now.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net