SC - Re: Marlborough Pie (oop)

Bethra Spicewell christina_elisabeth at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 29 12:09:20 PST 2000

Bonne of Traquair asked:
Interesting, he seems to be describing a 'traditional' dish which has a
bit of history.   Is there anything more, in an intro before the
ingredient list maybe?
No, this was all the information given on this particular pie. I do
have a repro of a Virgina cookbook, ca 1879, which gives directions for
several apple puddings, which use cream & eggs, some with chopped
apples, some with stewed; and I know that at least one of the recipies
says to "bake in a paste"

Bethra