SC - Cheap wine for cooking/Frugal Gourmet

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Oct 29 13:34:33 PST 2000

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain commented:
> Today, in "Publishers Weekly", I read an article about a new book
> of erotic stories in watery settings (hot tubs, lakes, etc.).  It's
> called _Aqua Erotica_, and the book is waterproof.  The pages are
> permeated with plastic, or some such thing.  Apparently, a number
> of bookstores have chosen to display it inside a fishtank full of
> water.
>
> Wouldn't it be nice if they could apply that technology to
> cookbooks?

But wouldn't that mean that you could no longer make notations in the
book? or would a permanent marker work?

That is one advantage of the web and internet. I can print off a
recipe, use it, and since the paper gets tossed in the trash when
the cooking is done, I don't have to worry if it gets grease or
water spots on it during cooking.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net