SC - melon seeds

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Oct 29 21:46:08 PST 2000

A few weeks ago when I was in the Mediterranean ethnic food store I
bought a package of Sadaf brand "Large Red Melon Seeds (with Golpar)".
These are redish colored seeds a little bit smaller than almonds.
They appear to have a thin crust of something like they had been
soaked in salt or something (Golpar?) before drying.

Anyone know if I'm supposed to eat these whole or peel out the seed
like with sunflower seeds?

Is there any evidence of melon or other seeds being dried or roasted
in period for eating? And yes, nuts are seeds but that is not what
I'm asking about.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net