SC - "Obra de Agricultura"

harper at idt.net harper at idt.net
Mon Oct 30 07:22:46 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 30 Oct 00, , that The Honorable Lord Stefan li Rous wrote:

> This is all interesting stuff. Brighid, did you get sent the entire
> thing or just some of it? Is it on the web somewhere?

I got sent the whole thing.  It used to be on the web, but was
removed -- I don't know why.

> Perhaps it would
> be useful to have in the Florilegium even if only in the original Spanish.

Sorry, it's a copyrighted transcription.

> It would be wonderful to have a translation though. Then I could read it.

Was that a hint?  :-)

Perhaps someone will be inspired to tackle the job.  I have no
plans to do so.  It's an interesting document to glance through, and
the sections on herbs and grains and fruits are interesting to me as
a cook, but there are also long sections on when to sow barley,
what kind of soil grapevines need, how to make wine, what to feed
the chickens in winter, when to breed the cows, and how to
castrate hogs.

Agricultural quote of the day: "He who wants noise, buys a pig."

Brighid, not a farmer's daughter

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann