SC - Sundried Tomato Pesto (was: Basil Oil)

harper at idt.net harper at idt.net
Mon Oct 2 07:19:06 PDT 2000

And it came to pass on 2 Oct 00, , that Diana L Skaggs wrote:

> At 09:20 PM 10/1/00 -0400, you wrote:
> >Finely chopped, and added to the dough for herb bread, they do
> >nice things to the color and flavor.  It's the only thing I use them for.
> >Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
>
> Are you using the ones packed in oil or the dried ones, soaked, then
> chopped? Leanna

The dried ones.  I chop them in the food processor, then put them
in the bowl of my KitchenAid mixer.  I boil the amount of water that
the recipe calls for, pour it over the tomatoes, and proceed with the
bread-making when the water has cooled to a temperature that
won't kill yeast.  It gives the bread a lovely pumpkin color.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net