SC - milk for fighters?

Tara Sersen tsersen at nni.com
Mon Oct 2 13:34:39 PDT 2000

>	You know, I would think the same thing, but I have a fighter in my
>household (Baron William de Montegilt) who swears that a quart of cold
>chocolate milk from the Cooper's Store is what your body *NEEDS* after a
>hot bout of fighting.  I would think it would curdle on the spot in your
>tummy, but he loves it.  (shudder)

As a runner and biker, my advice would be not to serve it during the activity,
but it should be fine to serve afterward.  You wouldn't want to go back onto
the field (or the road or the trail) with that in your stomach, but the sweet
and fat slide down quite nicely when you're cooling down and looking to replace
some calories quickly.  And you won't be bouncing around and contracting muscles
in your abdomen and stuff, so it shouldn't hurt anything.  It sounds like exactly
what I crave after a hard bout of exercising!  After my last 14 mile hike, I
inhaled a plate of onion rings...  :)

Fat... mmmm... I don't exercise to stay thin (which I'm not,)  I exercise so
I can eat like that without dying of heart disease at the age of 30...

- -Magdalena