SC - Dolmas, apple pie, Chevrolet...

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Oct 3 13:27:26 PDT 2000

Ok, I must be a mutant. (I know what you're thinking Puck, and it isn't
nice!) I really don't care for cheese on my apple pie. But I discovered
last year that a scoop on Haagen-Daaz Lemon Sorbet on an apple pie,
especially a tart one, maybe made from Granny Smiths, is REALLY YUMMY!
But then, I like just a leetle of something sharp to cut the sweetness
on some desserts.

At Coronet I made an apple tart from Pleyn Delit- working from the
recipe, not the redaction, which had sugar added. Galas were on sale, so
I used them, and with the raisins and all, it surely didn't need any
added sugar. It was just right to eat just at dark on teh banks of the
Applegate river, with the stars coming out and good company...

Rest of the meal was good too, even if I did scortch the rice...

'Lainie