non-member submission - Re: SC - My First Feast as Head Cook

Wed Oct 4 09:05:33 PDT 2000

First you let the barley cook dry and scorch.  Then you scrape the bottom of
the panto help "salvage" it.

On the subject of cooked grains, give the Florilegium a try, uner the
frumenty and polenta headers:

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/idxfood.html

Bear