SC -Puck's Lombard Mustard

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Oct 4 14:09:58 PDT 2000

I still believe that mustards are better if they are made in advance and allowed
to age.  This takes that sharp edge off of them...one that I find unpleasant
even in mustards that are meant to be very spicey.  I try to age mine at least 6
weeks.  If you want to keep the heat, but take the edge off, try a batch this
way.  Put in in a crock and cover with a cloth held in place with a rubber
band.  Put it in a dark, cool place for about 4 - 6 weeks.  Taste it
periodically to see how it's aging.

Kiri