SC - MEXICAN CHOCOLATE BREAD

Thu Oct 5 06:24:09 PDT 2000

Actually, the salt slows the yeast growth, adds flavor and improves the
crust.  As this is a chocolate bread, you're not worried about the fine
brown crust, the flavor of the chocolate will override any flavor the salt
provides and the quantity of fat should provide the regulatory effect.

If you are really curious, make one loaf with salt (a teaspoon should do)
and one without.

Personally, I would dissolve the chocolate in the milk while scalding it,
then dissolve the yeast in it when it cools to lukewarm.  The technique
might require some additonal yeast, so I would need to experiment.

Bear