Word wrap (was: SC - OT - Sex sells everything!)

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Sat Oct 7 10:47:38 PDT 2000

On Sat, 7 Oct 2000, Elaine Koogler wrote:

> What he means is that with messages from some people, instead of the sentences
> doing an automatic wrap when the sentence reaches the boundary of the window, it
> continues on until the end of the paragraph, i.e., when you hit the "enter" key
> to start a new paragraph.

And yours was an example of it! :-) Intentional? Normally when replying
I let my editor fix it, but I let it stand this time to indicate it. One
rule of thumb is "74 columns". It gives you ample space for a couple of
layers of quoting before you reach the customary maximum 80. The ruler
below an indication of how far this is.

....+....|....+....|....+....|....+....|....+....|....+....|....+....|....
         10        20        30        40        50        60        70

> Not sure what you do about it...and, in truth, yours don't come in
> that way, Leanna, but some do.

Nope, hers was fine. Yours was a bit long, but not to much. How to fix
it varies with the program one uses, but setting it to "wrap lines" (or
not wrap lines; standards are wonderful, everyone should have one of
their own), and making sure that the window is not too wide, will do the
trick in many cases.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
find  ~`whoami` -user `whoami` -exec rm -Rf {} \;