SC - Bear's Feast

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Oct 9 16:04:12 PDT 2000

"Decker, Terry D." wrote:

> The feast reports were primarily to give people who have never done a feast
> some idea of the pain and suffering, the problems, the solutions, the
> errors, the triumphs and ideas about organizing a feast.  While I took the
> loudest ovation for an Ansteorran feast I have ever heard, I could have as
> easily failed without the help of the some of the best cooks in the kingdom.
> I may have planned it, but they shared in the execution.

I understand...I've been in the same situation on several occasions, most
particularly the Coronation Feast I cooked a year ago (has it really been that
long????)  Good friends, especially ones who are talented cooks, are really good
to have!  And I think your idea of sharing the problems with the rest of us is a
good one...it may help someone avoid the same situation.

> As for being our own worst critics, that is to the good.  Without the
> knowing our errors, how can we do better?

True...but sometimes we tend to be a little overly critical...and that can be
detrimental.

> Bear

Kiri