SC - Zoete Koek

BaronessaIlaria at aol.com BaronessaIlaria at aol.com
Wed Oct 11 09:32:39 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/11/2000 10:37:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com writes:

> How does it look "scary"?

First effort turned into something that looked like mortar for making a
wall...  Tried it again to make sure we got the measurements right, assuming
we must have gotten distracted - we have cats and a busy phone. The second
time, it was smoother, but still seemed a bit grainy. The loaf that came out
of the oven smelled wonderful - much like a spice cake recipe of my mom's.
However, the crust was extremely hard and the interior texture was so dense
it was nearly unchewable. We wrapped it well when it was cool and stored it
for the night. The next day, the crust was so crisp it was nearly impossible
to slice.

Analyzing the results, we wondered if the amount of baking powder was off
perhaps.  This one was a classic example of why you should do a test batch of
a new recipe...

Still smells lovely though...for a brick  ::grin::

Thanks for your help. I want to see if I can get this one right eventually.

Ilaria