SC - New Book

kylie walker kyliewalker at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 16 19:23:21 PDT 2000

I'm reading Pickled etc at the moment - actually, I've had it for about a
month, but I'm often reading several books at once, so my lack of progress
is not necessarily a reflection on how interesting the book is.

My general impression so far is that it's interesting, but not all that
specific (from memory, she doesn't use a lot of footnotes, but says she is
happy to be contacted if people want specific references); a good general
primer that gives a good idea of why various preserving practices developed
or died out (lack of salt here, wars there). And there's a nice 16th century
illo on the front ...

Kylie