SC - Worst feast ever...

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Wed Oct 18 08:11:36 PDT 2000

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 14:05:37 -0400 "Philippa Alderton"
<phlip at morganco.net> writes:
> Recently, I suffered what had to be the worst feast I have ever
> suffered through.
> Phlip

	Interesting, the worst feast I ever suffered through also had a Chinese
course, it was supposed to be "Marco Polo" themed, and the feastcrat
decided to do it without noodles at all, which confused me.  She did not
shop in advance, she did not expand her recipes, she counted on a
household that had faded away to help her, and ended up with several
totally inexperienced cooks helping her. I will never forget the
'sizzling' rice soup that went more like *thud* rice in lukewarm broth.
Chinese is tough to get right in large batches, but that was not her only
problem.  It has been a benchmark for me for more than a decade.  It was
the only time I have ever gone back to the cabin and been glad there was
pizza there to eat.  (Several folks had bailed early on, and hit the
local Pizza Hut).
	Christianna