SC - Worst feast ever...

Wed Oct 18 11:22:56 PDT 2000

The feast steward is much more likely to get a written critique of their
feast than wind up in a discussion with me.  Usually if I get a bad feast,
I'm outside my area and don't want to make life any more difficult than it
has to be.  Writing the critique helps me clarify my position and gives the
feast steward something to share with others, if they have the courage to
admit their mistakes.

Locally, I tend to avoid certain cooks and dine with others and read the
posted menus carefully when I don't know the cook.  Often I find a little
meat, cheese and a loaf of bread superior to a pedestrian, sort-of-perioid
menu.

When I am asked to work a feast, it is usually by a good steward or cook who
wants fresh bake goods.  The people who don't want my suggestions, usually
don't ask for my help.  This is also a good indicator of a feast I want to
avoid.

Bear