SC - OOP: Re: Harry Potter foodies

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Wed Oct 18 12:35:45 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/18/00 11:36:14 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
selene at earthlink.net writes:

> Returning to one of our silly Pennsic topics, now that Gunther's away...
>
>  Just this past weekend, I tested a concoction of Canada Dry club soda
[very
> fine
>  bubbles!] with Torani "Almond Roca" buttery toffee flavored syrup on a
> senior
>  herald's kids, big Harry fans.  They wanted more syrup in it than I did,
but
>  pronounced it excellent Butter Beer!  I had to leave the bottle at their
> house.
>  This is not a huge leap from the regular Italian sodas, come to think of
it.
This last week a friend of mine made pumpkin soda for me, with cream.
Wonderful. And they are working on the butter beer idea, too. We even came up
with a vanilla coffee soda. She wants to bottle the essences (you mix them
with milk or soda) and auction them off at some event. Of course, after we
have given away free tasties.

Lars