SC - Apples?

LadyEbonSwan at aol.com LadyEbonSwan at aol.com
Wed Oct 18 22:58:50 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/19/00 1:57:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
HOONTW at libra.unm.edu writes:

<< I was reading something about apples, and realized that most of the variety
 I commonly use are new world or Aussie/NZ breeds.  What was the common
 size/shape/flavor of the medieval European apple?  What of the modern,
 easily available apples, most approximates it?

    I seem to recall there being something in Cariodoc's Miscellany
concerning modern equivalents to apple varieties...the only one that's coming
off the top of my head is Sops of Wine...sometimes referred to as winesaps.

        Siobhan