SC - goose fat

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 19 09:34:21 PDT 2000

> >Three of the ducks at Motorola kept wandering around the patio area
> >as I was eating my lunch today. I kept thinking how one would look
> >and taste real good on my dinner table. These were Big ducks, although
> >maybe the feathers and all made them look larger. The male had a dark
> >green, iridescent head and neck. A Mallard?
>

>Yes, that would have been a mallard. Quite tasty, in fact. It is the most
>common duck here and I have lots of recipes, should you need any ...
>
>Nanna

Straying quite a bit here...When I read "Mallard", the instant mind image I
got was my stairwell.  My mind then went to the look on the cop's face who
was going down my stairwell after a burglery at my home.
The burgler came in thru the wall adjoining the townhouse next door so when
the police came they hustled up the stairwell without thought, but going
down was so much different.  The policeman took about three steps down and
came to a dead stop.  His head rotated slowly taking in the scene.  His jaw
slightly slack and his eyes glazed over he looked to me for an explanation.
"Flight of Stairs"  was my retort.  You see, when I find (or make) fresh
dead birds, I pluck their feathers, remove their feet (in some cases) and
cut off their wings which I then stretch and tack to the wall of the
stairwell to dry (so the cats don't play with them).  One of my latest
additions was Mallard..

Olwen the Odd
The scene always makes me chuckle so I thought I would share.