SC - Rotkohl (Red Cabbage) OOP

Thu Oct 19 11:54:14 PDT 2000

The recipe is modern (which is why the OOP on the subject line).  The dish
itself is traditional and very possibly from SCA period.  The ingredients
are not out of line for a late period German dish.  I used it at one feast
where I was trying for ethnic verisimilitude rather than accuracy (before I
got Welser and Ein Buch von guter Spise).

It is one of the best cabbage dishes I've found.  Cabbage lovers usually
enjoy, while those dislike cabbage find it a palatable way to politely eat
the cabbage.  The real tricks are the spicing and not cooking the cabbage to
death.

Bear