cuskynoles (was: RE:SC - Emeril)

UlfR parlei-sc at algonet.se
Thu Oct 19 22:40:30 PDT 2000

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Isha ArrowHawk wrote:

> What are cuskynoles?

There are several possible answers, among them are:

1. A never ending topic, that keeps coming up every now and then on
this list[1] and cause debates. By now it is kind of a keyword.

2. A dish mentioned in Diuersa Cibaria (i.e. 14th century, see
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/desserts.html#41). There are more
than one way to interpret this recipie, with the two main schools having
primary proponets known as Duke Cariadoc and Master Adamantius,
respectively.

There is actually a picture in the recipie, but that doesn't help much.

Actually, if anyone saved the full Big Debate I'd like a copy; I missed
some of the posts, and what I have is on a computer with no network
connection.

/UlfR

[1] It is still fairly mild and courteous, there are far more
"entertaining" pieces of flamebait that can be tossed into some other
fora.

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
"What did you bring that book I did not wish to be read to out of up for?"