SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #2711 - grey sea salt

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Sat Oct 21 18:47:02 PDT 2000

Seems to me that this was one of the bizaare, exotic items being sold by Gold
Mine Natural Food Co (organic, strange, & ethnic foods our specialty) in
their last year's catalog.  They're also the people who offered teff...

- --EGAD! Here is their catalog on the bottom shelf!  They offer:
    Fleur de sel, the flower of the ocean
    Celtic coarse light grey sea salt: "As seawater concentrates in the
shallow ponds, large crystals form on the clay bottom. The art of the
Paludiers is to collect as much salt as possible with the least amount of
clay...   Also offered in fine salt
    Lima French Atlantic sea salt
    Eden sea salt
    Muramoto's "balanced minerals" sea salt
(God, I didn't realize there were that many things to say about salt....But
there's a new  book I'm supposed to be getting from Johns Hopkins Press
called "Neptune's Gift", about you guessed it....)
    Gold Mine Natural Food Co
    7805 Arjons Dr
    San Diego CA 92126-4368
    1-800-475-3663
They MIGHT be on-line or have an email address by now, since I'm referring to
last year's catalog.
Devra the Baker, finally back after Pennsic
Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com
devra at aol.com