SC - Ein Kuchen

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Oct 22 10:59:14 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/22/00 1:09:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

> it Schaub is defined also as a "tangle of straw" or a "sheaf."  It also
> had an interesting entry for Schaubrot (shewbread).  It is possible, but not
> provable, that what is intended is to pour the almond milk over bread (thus
> creating a secondary dish).

There are also references to using straw to line the bottom of pans to strain
other things, including cheeses, Unfortunately I do not have the sources
available at this time. Stefan SHOULD have those references in his
Flori-thingy since it was discussed on this list within recent memory.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol