SC - Cheap wine for cooking

SCAbeathog at cs.com SCAbeathog at cs.com
Mon Oct 23 10:01:51 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/22/2000 4:28:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
upsxdls_osu at ionet.net writes:

<< No, not Thunderbird, nor Boone's Farm, nor Mogan David, nor Christian
 Brothers. Damn, there went another brain cell, I just can't remember the
 name, though I know it by sight.  Guess I'll have to run to the liquor
 store on payday to remember.... I need to resupply anyway.  White Chablis
 is a key ingredient in my Cabbage Soup, and with the weather turning
 colder, I'm about ready for a batch.  Leanna >>

Allow me to come out from my place in the shadows and suggest Franzia boxed
wines.  I use the Chablis quite often in my larder, and the White Granache is
perfectly yummy for drinking - almost a light, fruity White Zinfadel.  Most
boxed White Zinfadel reminds me of (yucky) cough syrup!

Beathog