SC - pierogys

Mon Oct 23 10:50:16 PDT 2000

If you are adhering to strict historical accuracy, I don't think you can
truly document sauerkraut or pirogi, although both are probably "period."
I've used similar undocumentable dishes for feasts where I wasn't trying for
historical accuracy.

For an Eastern European feast, I would look at Pouncy's translation of
Domostroi and Dembinska's Food and Drink in Medieval Poland for recipes.

Bear