SC - Fw: Worst Critique Ever

Jeffrey Miller eogan at amazon.com
Tue Oct 24 10:12:49 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
Subject: SC - Fw: Worst Critique Ever

> >>Further, your account comes off as more of an attack than a remediation.
> >
> >Not half as bad as the attack on my palate.....

ARGH!  Enough!

When I read the original post, I was shocked that no one said anything about
it - it was uncharitable at best, harsh and angry at worst.  That there was
follow-up to it, a rebuttal is one thing - but can you please please not
drag this out any further with counter arguments, accusations, and further
acrimony?

I see SCAdians wonder aloud time and time again "why aren't more people
involved in the Society?  Why aren't people involved in [insert your
specialty here]?"  When I see this kind of attitude and environment being
displayed, I want to stand up on my little salt box and shout "HELLO!"  It
is this kind of unprofitable and angry criticism that keeps many neophytes
from ever attempting an art that in truth they might be quite good at,
except for the insular and mean-spirited air that often passes for
"criticism."

So please, for the love of all that you hold sacred, just _stop_ it already.

- -jeffrey-