SC - OT - hunting book

Cindy M. Renfrow cindy at thousandeggs.com
Tue Oct 24 11:59:59 PDT 2000

Hello!

At a junk shop today I found what appeared to be 6 framed foolscap-sized
(~19.5 x 10 inches) color reprints of "Jagdbuch des Herzogs Johann Casimir
von Sachsen-Coburg" (The hunting book of Duke Johann Casimir of
Saxe-Coburg). Upon cleaning, I discovered a second print under each of the
top ones, for a total of 12 (January thru December).  The prints have names
like "Digging for badgers" and "Hunting Feast".

A paper on the back of the reprints says  the original was done between
1639-1646, probably by Wolfgang Birckner (b. 1580).

I was wondering if anyone has heard of this book before?

And yes, if anyone is interested, I'll scan them (but each illus. will have
to be in 2 parts).

Regards,

Cindy