SC - I'm back OOP OT

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 24 12:59:37 PDT 2000

>Olwen the Odd skrev:
>
> >Ever been to DC on swearing in day??
>
>Actually, DC on any day's a trip and a half. When I drive in DC, I decide
>where I'm going and let the car get me there. Like Boston, all the
>streetlights are on corners, but unlike Boston (last time I was there)
>certain streets are one way certain hours, one way the other way certain
>other hours, and two way the rest of the time I remember one day trying to
>get to Georgetown Chain Bridge from down by the White House (M street all
>the way, right? Wrong!!!) and I drove though Maryland before I could get
>there. Very scenic tour, on the Rock Creek Parkway ;-)
>
>OTOH, Boston has streetlights which are indistinguishable from the
>stoplights on the corners.... very interesting.
>

>Phlip

DC is layed out just like Paris and makes a lot of sense to me.  I used to
be a bike messenger there ~ during the time of the airline crash in the
Potomac and a swearing in.  I got pretty good with a chain...it must be the
Saxon in me!  Lived in Boston too.  Well actually Cambridge.  Did drive
though used the public or walked.  Had a living making smorgasborg lunch in
a Irish pub there.  That was a hundred years back.
Olwen