SC - When planning a feast ....

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Tue Oct 24 15:01:41 PDT 2000

> I know it sounds silly but don't make anything at feast that you haven't
> personnally tested the recipe for, even if you've wateched it be prepared.
> Remember that soup for 100 takes a lot longer to heat than soup for 4.
> Have enough hotpads spoons and measuring devices for every activity going on
> to have their own.

Also, if you don't have cooking directions for something written down,
make sure your helper knows how to cook it! I was once handed 18 lbs of
Salmon steak and told to 'cook it just like you would at home', and before
I could wail, "How will i know when it is done?" the cook bustled off to
attend to serving. Hopefully nobody but me was put off salmon by my
results.;) Another stupid helper trick: I didn't know you boil the water
first for couscous... fortunately, someone happened by and turned the heat
down after I dumped it in and turned on the stove, and we just had
lukewarm couscous. *shakes head*

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker