SC - FW: Anniversary banquet

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Oct 24 16:46:18 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/23/2000 4:32:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bigsteve at nycap.rr.com writes:

<< Apparently, it's
 against the law to serve game meats at an event where payment is required to
 participate.  In other words, if you're serving venison that was contributed
 by a whole bunch of hunters, you have to make that available to *everyone*
 (even passers-by) for no cost.  >>

I have never heard of this rule, and apparently neither has the Shire of
Montevale, which serves venison at at least one feast per year.  I have also
served venison at events, most recently in September 2000, and attended a
number of other events at which venison and other game meats, including
rabbit, small game birds, and other game animals have been served.  I have
also been to restaurants which serve venison.
The only rule I know of is that you can't usually buy venison; you have to
have friends who are lucky hunters :-)

Brangwayna Morgan
PS.  I am emailing this comment to my brother, who is on the Pennsylvania
Fish and Boat Commission, and should have the contacts to tell us if this law
exists in PA.