SC - Herbs for spit-roasting meat?

harper at idt.net harper at idt.net
Wed Oct 25 07:17:44 PDT 2000

And it came to pass on 24 Oct 00, , that david friedman wrote:

> There is a Platina recipe where you are using the herbs to baste a
> roast kid (yes, I mean young goat) with a sauce; here it is.
[snip]
> Elizabeth/Betty Cook

Thank you.  Nola's recipe for roast cat says to whip it with green
twigs while it is roasting.  Colman Andrews (the leading modern
writer on Catalan cooking) suggests that this may have been
bundles of herbs.  I had a notion I'd seen something similar in
period recipes.  Having a specific reference is very helpful.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net