SC - A gentle suggestion....

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Oct 25 08:07:54 PDT 2000

> Bad
> feasts do happen. When they happen, it is probably good that other
> people know about it, both so that the people responsible don't get
> asked to do another feast any time soon, and so that other people can
> be warned about the problems. Too often, it seems to me, "courtesy"
> and "chivalry" end up, in SCA discussions, being used by people to
> protect themselves from having other people demonstrate that their
> views are wrong.
> --
> David/Cariadoc
> http://www.daviddfriedman.com/

I basically agree with this. I don't mind a criticism of a feast, stressing the
good and bad points of such. Especially those points where corrections
could be applied. I really hate totally gushing reviews of feasts. There is
always something that goes wrong or doesn't come out right. I feel all points
in a review/post mortem should be addressed.

My problem with the critique was that it started out as a slam and became
worse as two personalities got involved. Discussion is okay, flaming is
not.

Now, we can discuss the feast in a intellectual and polite manner, stressing
the good and bad points. There is to be no more discussion about the behavior
of either Phlip or Llewellyn since they have both been chastised and apologized.

Gunthar