Wiccan Cookbook Reviewed (was Re: SC - I am So Ashamed! (long))

VonGraph vongraph at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 25 20:16:35 PDT 2000

I have been following this thread and usually just sort of luck on thies
things, but a comment you made got my attention:)

the bit about political suicide by stating your wiccan...

first off I could see it if you said you were a mongol, or even high
Elizebethian (as a Viking Type person I have a very clear insight on those
who are politically unacceptable), but Wiccian, heck down here in Trimaris
we have more Wiccians,. pagans, earthmother types etc than we can shake a
stick at :) Not that we shake sticks at anyone (well some of the fighter
types do do that but its not a relegion thing, well then again it is... but
thats another whole discussion)......
The only thing I have noticed a great deal is that after being invited to
attend a number of Wiccian/pagan get to gethers to drum for them.  I have
noticed one thing as a follower of Odin and the true Gods a very large
number of the folks who claim these relegious/phylosphicial views are full
of BS :) It seems that they read one book, listen to one conversation and
their Pagan,Wiccian etc, , they mostly get together for excuse to run around
in woods skyclad and play at sex :) heck we have a nut down here who claims
to be a fourth level wiccian worlock, that and he is an expert on
introducing very young girls (12 or 13 perferabley) to the "life", That or
the lady who claims to be raised as Wiccian witch and is crooked as hell in
everything she does business, SCA or life? that I think is why there is bit
of canted view of the whole thing, not disrespect for those who actually
follow the creeds but those who are wannabes, or out right fakes, using the
wiccian or pagen thing to their advantage not as real beleif.  be proud of
what you are and if you have a person or group who hassels you remember that
we in the SCA are non relegious, long as you dont try to sell it at events
your beleifs are your business.

YIS, Elric