SC - important date-

James F. Johnson seumas at mind.net
Thu Oct 26 00:16:48 PDT 2000

"Laura C. Minnick" wrote:

> Just an FYI-
>
> Not only is today the anniversary of Agincourt (Sts. Crispin and
> Crispianos, etc., and 'Once more into the bleach! Or close up the walls
> with our dirty underwear!')

Ah,......Sweetie, that's the speech before the gates of Harfleur.

> But- it is also the 600th year since the day Master Geoffery Chaucer
> died.

And was born 60 years earlier.

Also today, Charles Martel lived up to his name against the Moors at
Tours. Go Franks! (Although Mustafa, my alternate Turk, might
disagree...). And Thomas More became Chancellor of England.

Seumas
- --
Roi ne suis prince, ni duc, ni comte aussi; je suis sire de
Bruyerecourt.