SC - venison at feasts

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Oct 26 15:14:48 PDT 2000

I said:
<< > > The only rule I know of is that you can't usually buy venison; you
have to
 > > have friends who are lucky hunters :-)

 Lars replied:
 <<This is not accurate either. In Michigan, near the upper region, a friend
of
 mine bought what was most definately venison at a grocery store labeled
 "ground game meat hamburger". So, it is dependant on where you are, I
believe. >>

I was not clear in what I wrote.  I meant that *in Pennsylvania* one cannot
buy venison in the supermarket or butcher shop (I am not sure about other
game meats, although I believe I have seen frozen rabbit parts in some more
rural grocery stores - probably farmed, though).

Brangwayna Morgan