SC - Japanese cook book

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 27 19:09:29 PDT 2000

Well, now I'm home and the guy's address is at work, now there's a switch.  If
someone could be so kind as to forward this to the nice lad who was looking for
Japanese cook books, I'd be much obliged.

Anyway.  If I had to pick one good general book on the topic, it would  be
"Japanese Cooking : A Simple Art"
by Shizuo Tsuji, with an introduction by that marvelous food writer M. F. K.
Fisher.  Good general overview of the subject, accessible to the neophyte yet
useful to the experienced cook.  Modern recipes, with as much historical
information as the author can sneak in.  Here is the link to the page on
Amazon.com if you want more info or want to buy it:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0870113992/qid%3D972695227/104-8995580-7118328

Best regards and keep in touch,
Selene Colfox
selene at earthlink.net