SC - watermelon info source

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Oct 29 20:22:45 PST 2000

Lady Celia des L'archier asked:
> Ras said:
> > Watermelon is period.
>
> really?!?  Wow!
>
> o.k... if it's in the flori-thingy please just point me there, if not (not
> meaning any disrespect or to challenge you in any way), could you tell me
> where that's documented so that if I serve it at feast I'll be able to back
> it up? <g... says she from the South.>

Check these files in the FOOD-FRUITS section of the Florilegium:
fruit-melons-msg  (23K)  4/27/99    Period melons. Referances. Recipes.

And, particularly for messages that mention watermelon along with
other fruits:
fruits-msg       (206K)  8/ 4/00    Medieval fruits and fruit dishes. Recipes.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net