SC - Bids was Philosophically Speaking

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 30 11:34:39 PST 2000

>Themes, time periods, etc. should be determined before requesting bids.

>planning was delayed and I got the bid in fairly late in the game, while I
>was still chasing recipes

>In my case, the bid is usually detailed,

>bid is accepted, I have command of the feast and the feast hall and
>structure the entire performance to the requirements established before the
>bid.

Is it common elsewhere to have a feast plan/costs figured out and make an
offer to some autocrat in need of a cook?  Or am I misunderstanding the
definition of 'bid'?

For both my feasts, I was asked to cook and accepted because I had a _very_
loose idea that could be worked up into something to suit. The money
decision was a joint discussion of cost factors involving the autocrat,
myself, the seneschal and exchequer, done far enough in advance to allow for
adjustment before the flyer would be published.

Bonne