SC - cheese questions

Collette S. Waters collette at kricket.net
Mon Oct 30 17:10:17 PST 2000

>After all of the whey has been pressed out and the cheese is a solid hocky puck,
you can eat it green or you can age it. I happen to like the flavored
farmers
cheese [or you can use chopped chilis for a sort of pepper jack effect]
or you
can make it without the garlic and herbs for a nice and mild green
cheese<

This cheese was made from cottage cheese and yogurt.  How long do you
age it?  How long can you keep it?  Will using fresh herbs affect its
shelf life or should dried herbs be used?  Fresh garlic or
dried/powdered?
Many thanks,
Begga