SC - feedback requested

Lee-Gwen piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Mon Oct 30 08:42:28 PST 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Stefan li Rous

> Often I mention a few files in the Florilegium that I think might prove
> to be useful here. Sometimes in response to direct questions, sometimes
> just because I think they might prove useful.
(large amounts of text snipped)

Frankly, I think your "friend" was being plain rude!  Regardless of whether
or not your were monopolising the conversation (and this is not always a bad
thing anyway!  Having a passion is a good thing, generally speaking, IMHO),
this person's behaviour was wrong.  A quiet word to you later, a suggestion
that the newcomers might like to meet some other people, a subtle subject
change... would have been appropriate responses; this was not.  Anyway, I
suspect that you could have figured out if the  newcomers were bored
(although, it can be hard to know this sometimes  - I think I can get a bit
carried away with my preaching about the general fun to be had by playing
board or card games at events!  *wry smile*).

Anyway, as to your posts to this List, I think they are well in order.  It
is silly to completely rehash subjects when your files contain the
information.   That is far more boring (again, IMHO) than the posts from you
mentioning that the information is already available!

The Florilegium is a valuable resource and you are right to mention it when
you do.

Gwynydd