SC - Dyschefull of Snowe vs Apple Snow - a redaction question

Tina Nevin thorngrove at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 07:57:33 PST 2000

- --- Lady Brighid ni Chiarain harper at idt.net wrote:
> Does anyone have the Paston-Williams book in their collection,
and can check to see what she says about her sources?

I was asked to do a review of the medieval chapter (there is also a
Tudor/Jacobean chapter) of this book a while ago. The review is a bit
unpolished, but can be read here:
http://www.geocities.com/thorngrove/ckbk-review.htm

For those who don't have internet access, to summarise the review - if
you’re looking for an interesting and entertaining coffeetable cookbook,
you may well be satisfied with "A Book of Historical Recipes" – I’d say it
would make a delightful gift for your favourite cook at Yuletide. If
however, you’re looking for an accurate guide to medieval and Tudor food,
this work falls sadly short of that goal.

As always in matters of opinion, Your Mileage May Vary.

Al Servizio Vostro, e del Sogno
Lucrezia

Lady Lucrezia-Isabella di Freccia   |  mka Tina Nevin
Thamesreach Shire, The Isles, Drachenwald | London, UK
thorngrove at yahoo.com | http://www.geocities.com/~thorngrove
"There is no doubt that great leaders prefer hard drinkers to good
versifiers" – Aretino, 1536